METALUB have been supplying special lubricants for electrical contacts for many years with the range covering a multiple operation and environmental factors.This has given us a high level of expertise in this area in conjunction with the ability to provide solutions adapted to customer requirements.
Benefits of using the correct METALUB lubricant are as follows:-
- Reduction of operating temperatures and temperature variation for both external sources of heat and temperature rises capable of forming electric arcs.
- Extension of switch life.
- Prevention of contamination – of chemical influences such as water, sulphur, nitrogen compounds generating insulating layers.
- Improvements in signal quality due to an improvement in surface conditions.
- Smoothing of rough surfaces to improve the contact area thereby preventing arcs and formation of high resistance oxide.
- Porosity of materials – materials which may be penetrated by water.
- Reduced pressure – applied to parts with contact & return forces of springs to define the viscosity of the lubricant at operating temperature.
- Compatibility with all materials including contacts and housing materials – plastics, rubbers & metals.
- Smoother movement of the switches.
- Silicone free.